Power Systems has developed the next step in MiniSub evolution, the MicroSub, which still offers the unique benefits of oil/liquid filled padmount transformers as defined by the CSA specification C227.4, and SF6 switching technology using the Arc-Whipper © three position switch.
Sizes from 75 to 225 KVA and Voltages from 5 to 28 KV
- Micro Substations are a compact package includes HV switch protection and transformer
- Switch is interlocked with the fuse access for safety purposes
- SF6 technology switching and completely dead front
- Full range current limiting fuse protection
- The same low maintenance as our MiniSub units
- CSA certified
- Available in liquid or dry type designs
- Compact Micro Substations compact size fits in any location
- Can be installed indoors or outdoors. It also comes with its own liquid containment
Advantages with using Micro Substations and the InfrastruXture over the Traditional Design
- Energy saving - About 10% of the buildings electrical energy, manufacturing and transport
- Space - This system will be require about 30% less space
- Cost - Total cost of the installed system will range from 5-30% less
- Materials - Total materials used to energize the building can be has high as 50% less
- Installation - This system can be installed and commissioned up to 50% faster
- Safety - Lower fault levels and EMI. Lower Arc flash, dead front and touch proof.
- Maintenance - The system components require almost zero maintenance over the life of the unit.
- Reliability - Is increased as not relying on one point of failure. Main transformer or low voltage switchgear.
- Renewable Energy Compatibility – Solar and generator inputs
- Less parasitic heat to remove - Such as: transformers, switchgear and cables